Monday, October 13, 2008

Emacs Auto-fill mode for multiline comments

Basically I wanted to write multiple lines of comments in .cpp files without having to manually type a double slash ( // ) in front of each comment. While googling for solutions I hit this page which says the following:

When Auto Fill mode is on, going past the fill column while typing a comment causes the comment to be continued...

So I start googling to find out how to enable the Auto-fill mode and in my search I hit this page which says:

When Auto Fill mode is turned off, lines continue to the right as you type them. Depending on how you set the value of truncate-lines, the words you type either disappear off the right side of the screen, or else are shown, in a rather ugly and unreadable manner, as a continuation line on the screen.

I like the Auto-fill mode :D

I am not too sure if I should turn Auto-fill mode on for all .cpp files ! Guess this post will have to wait.

No comments: